1947 – 1964
Shortly after David Brown took ownership of Aston Martin in 1947, he also purchased the business and assets of the nearby situated Lagonda company, but not the Staines factory. As the Victoria Road factory had sustained considerable wartime damage, David Brown needed to relocate both concerns – and leased some hangers on the airfield site of Hanworth Park, Feltham (just a half a mile away from Victoria Road). This became the immediate post war home for both Aston Martin and Lagonda so the cars from the 2 litre sports through to the DB Mark III known as the Feltham cars, even though many were not actually built there
As David Brown had purchased the Tickford Works at Newport Pagnell in the 1950’s and relocated AML there for DB4 production, Feltham was very much diminished. It remained the centre for service, engineering development and racing but, eventually closed in the mid 1960’s with the demise of the competitions department.