DB2/4 Berlinetta by Bertone
(fixed head coupe) by Bertone via Arnolt (1954)
This DB2/4 (LML/765) is the only known Bertone bodied Berlinetta (fixed head coupe) commissioned by Stanley H 'Wacky' Arnolt. There is also speculation that the lost Arnolt chassis, LML/503, may also have been a coupe. The car was commissioned in 1954 through Arnolt by a Parisian gentleman and was delivered a year later. Designed by Franco Scaglione, it features styling cues fashionable at the time such as tail fins and a wrap-around rear screen. It is powered by the later DB2/4 2.9 litre engine. It is strongly believed that this was to be the first of a run of Bertone coupes but by the time the car was seen on the Bertone stand at the 1957 Turin Motor Show, David Brown was longer happy to sell rolling chassis to customers.