After Aston Martin was rescued by William Renwick and ‘Bert’ Bertelli, the company moved into new premises. The new factory in Victoria Road, Feltham had previously been an aeroplane factory during World War One. It was here that the company managed to build around 600 cars before production stopped shortly before the start of WW2 when war work took priority. After minor damage caused during the Blitz in 1940, the factory survived well enough for the prototype ‘Atom’ to be built. But in 1944, more significant damage was caused by a flying bomb. The next door factory was occupied a company of coachbuilders owned by Bert Bertelli’s brother, Enrico (known as Harry to his English friends).
The photograph shows production of the Mark II during 1935 at the Feltham factory. This photograph is used with kind permission and assistance of the Aston Martin Heritage Trust.