Based on the 2016.5MY Aston Martin V8 Vantage S Coupe, each car features Lightning Silver coachwork with Gulf Orange highlights. On the exterior, the car features Jet Black painted rear lamp infills, roof panel and rear decklid dropdown contrasted with Gulf Orange brake calipers and a carbon fibre front grille from the V12 Vantage S. Satin Black painted forged 10 spoke lightweight wheels with satin carbon fibre wheel centre caps complete the look.
Internally, The Blades styling is reflected with Jaffa Orange leather detailing in the carpet, shift paddles and seats.
Acknowledging the link between Aston Martin Cambridge and The Blades, the car features propeller detail etching in the centre AMi Toggle; ‘The Blades’ logo embroidered on the front seat headrests; the passenger airbag embroidered with its unique aircraft identification code; a matching car cover made from parachute silk; and a leather photo album documenting the car from concept through to creation.
On the day of collection during April 2016, the new owners received VIP treatment by Aston Martin Cambridge and The Blades at Sywell Aerodrome. This included a driving experience in their new car with an Aston Martin professional driver, an aerobatic flight experience with The Blades, and a helicopter hovering lesson, before finishing the day with a world-class performance from the world’s only aerobatic airline.
Each of the five limited edition models were priced at £119,950 on the road with each owner also specifying the optional seven-speed Sportshift II paddle shift transmission for an additional £5,000.
All photographs are copyright Aston Martin Cambridge
Detailed Specification of the V8 Vantage Blades Edition
- 2016MY V8 Vantage S coupe with Sportshift II gearbox
- Lightning Silver Exterior
- Obsidian Black Leather Interior
- Carbon Fibre Side Strakes
- Black meshes, headlamp bezels and tailpipe finisher
- Front Parking Sensors
- Glass Switches
- Reversing Camera
- 600W Premium Audio System
- Cruise Control
- Auto Dipping Interior Rear View Mirror
- Second Glass Key
- Heated Front Seats
- Memory Seats
Special Q by Aston Martin features
- Jet Black painted rear decklid dropdown with graphic pinstripe in Gulf Orange
- Jet Black painted rear lamp infills, lipstick and roof panel
- V12 Vantage S Carbon Fibre front grille painted in Gulf Orange
- All Satin Black painted forged 10 spoke lightweight wheels with Satin carbon fibre wheel centre caps
- Brake calipers painted in Gulf Orange
- Monochrome Union Jack wing badge
- Body colour painted wing mirror caps with Gulf Orange pinstripe
- California Poppy stitching with Jaffa Orange welts inside the car to match Gulf Orange exterior detailing
- Jaffa Orange leather shift paddles
- Jaffa Orange leather carpet binding
- N430 DIM and N430 Instrument Binnacle Hood & Steering Column Cowl upper/lower in Pure Black Alcantara
- Jaffa Orange leather centre stripe in seats
- Centre AMi toggle laser etched with propeller detail
- ‘The Blades’ logo embroidered on front seat headrests in California Poppy thread
- Union Jack embossed onto centre armrest
- Passenger airbag embroidered with unique aircraft identifier i.e. G-ZXEL etc
- Etching on near side top of both Carbon Fibre Front Splitter and Carbon Fibre Side Strake with relevant aircraft identifier
- ‘Q by Aston Martin’ Enamel infill badges
- Matching car cover with monochrome Union Jack on roof and The Blades logo on side to be made from parachute silk
- Jaffa Orange/Obsidian Black Leather ECU Pouch, Handbook and Photo Album
Following on from the success of the Blades Edition, Aston Martin Cambridge commissioned another 8 cars from ‘Q by Aston Martin’ to create the V12 Vantage S Spitfire 80 Edition, especially to commemorate the first flight of the Supermarine Spitfire.