Each car has been finished in a new pearlescent shade called Duxford Green with the trademark Spitfire speed yellow pinstripe accents plus side strakes and deck lid, complemented by satin carbon fibre front and rear diffusers. The Aston Martin wings badges have been made from solid sterling silver with a tailored Old English White inlay, while owners have choosen an original Spitfire serial number lacquered into the side strakes.
Inside the ‘Q by Aston Martin’ styled cockpit, thoughtful Spitfire detailing is a delight. A Raven Black ‘Spitfire 80’ logo is beautifully embroidered into the Kestral Tan leather headrests and saddle leather floor mats, with sheepskin inserts in tribute to the iconic Irvin Flying Jacket. Another rather wonderful feature is that an aerial view of Duxford Aerodrome is printed onto the leather headlining.
Completing its theme, the Spitfire 80 is delivered with bespoke accessories including a unique Irvin Flying Jacket stitched with the Spitfire 80 logo, an Irvin flying helmet and goggles, embossed owner manual and a leather photograph album documenting the handover ceremony.
The quickest production car in Aston Martin’s history, the V12 Vantage S Spitfire 80 is equipped for pure performance – much like the 1936 Spitfire. Its 48-valve, 6.0 litre V12 engine delivers a breathtaking 563 bhp with a peak torque of 620Nm, effortlessly powering from 0 to 60mph in 3.7 seconds, up to a thundering top speed of 205mph.
The 7 Speed Sportshift III paddleshift transmission was offered as standard equipment although all but one new owner choose the new 7 Speed dog-leg manual at no additional cost.
So it is fitting that every person who ordered this extraordinary piece of engineering enjoyed an exclusive handover ceremony, held on 18 October 2016 at the the AirSpace exhibition at the Imperial War Museum Duxford, Britain’s best-preserved second world war airfield and Europe’s premier aviation museum.
The cost of each Spitfire 80 was set at £180,000 – which included a £5,000 donation to the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund.
Specification of the Spitfire 80
- 2017 Model Year V12 Vantage S Coupe
- Transmission – 7 Speed Sportshift III or 7 Speed Manual, both a no-cost option
- Brake Calipers – Yellow
- Carbon Bonnet Louvres
- Black Meshes
- Gloss Black Window Surround
- Aluminium Fuel Filler Cap
- Assortment Pack (Reverse Camera, Front Park Assist, Glass Switches, 2nd Glass Key)
- Contemporary Leather
- Graphics Pack – Roof & Decklid Dropdown – Jet Black
- Auto Dim Mirror
- Clear Rear Lamps
- Black Headlight Finishers
‘Q by Aston Martin’ Options
- Q Special Paint – ‘Duxford Green’ Pearlescent
- Satin Carbon Fibre front and rear diffuser
- Speed Yellow Accent Stripe on Side Strakes and Decklid Dropdown
- Bonnet Louvres Painted in Duxford Green
- Front Grill in Satin Carbon Painted Speed Yellow
- Satin Graphite Lightweight Wheels
- Tailpipe Finishers finished with rainbow ‘bloom’ effect to match Spitfire exhaust stack (part made by Aircraft Restoration Company at Duxford)
- Aston Martin Wings Badges made from Sterling Silver with Heritage ‘Old English White’ infill
- Colour Union Jack front wing badges
- Spitfire Serial Numbers (of the customers choice) lacquered into top side of Side Strakes
- Kestral Tan seats stitched in Raven Black Corse Thread
- Pure Black Alcantara Dashboard Stitched in Kestral Tan Corse Thread
- Pure Black Carpets & Steering Wheel
- Exposed Satin Carbon Fibre Doorcards (from the GT12) with ‘Release’ Graphic
- Door Armrest Pad Assembly in Kestral Tan
- Door Armrest Pull Strap – Red Webbing with ‘Remove Before Flight’ print
- Satin Black Interior Door Pull
- Anodised Handbrake Grip in Spitfire Red
- Anodised Centre Rotary Switch, RAF roundel with ‘Spitfire 80’ etching
- Rear Cabin Finisher – Aluminium Strip – Hole Punched to match strut behind pilot’s head in Spitfire (part made by Aircraft Restoration Company, Duxford)
- Tread Plates, C-Struts, Under Bonnet Struts Structural Parts finished in ‘Cockpit Green’
- Headrest Embroidery – Spitfire 80 Logo
- Sat Nav ‘Splash Screen’ – Spitfire 80 Logo
- Headliner – Printed Leather – Black & White Image of Duxford Aerodrome Aerial View
- Spitfire Serial Number Embroidery in Kestral Tan Stitch on the Passenger Side Airbag Cover
- Black Anodised Sill Plaques with Laser Etch Spitfire 80
- Contrast Glove Box Lining in Kestral Tan Leather
- Glovebox Plaque in Brass Featuring V12 Engine Firing Order in tribute to plaque in Spitfire
- Floor Mats – Saddle Leather with Sheepskin Inserts in tribute to Irvin jacket
- Accessories – Unique Irvin Jacket with Spitfire 80 logo, Irvin Flying Helmet & Flying Goggles, Green/Brown car cover, Owners Manual with embossed Spitfire 80 Logo, Build Book, Key Pouch in Kestral Tan