‘New’ International 2/4 seater
‘New’ International 2/4 seater

‘New’ International 2/4 seater

(Second Series 1½ litre, 2/4 seater - 1932)

The 'New' International was introduced in February 1932 on a brand new chassis and many new components. In order to reduce the cost of what had become an expensive motor car, many more components were soured from outside manufacturers, such as the Laycock gearbox and ENV bevel axle. This allowed the price of a complete 2/4 seater to fall from a heady £595 to only £475.

‘New’ International 2/4 seater

The radiator shell had a slight but definite V shape which helps to identify the cars known by the AMOC as belonging to the second series. The ‘New’ International was something of an interim model and only about 12 were built when it was effectively replaced by the Le Mans later in the same year.

It must be noted at this point that the familiar Aston Martin ‘wings’ badge (designed by SCH “Sammy” Davis) that exists to this day was first used on the last examples of the ‘New’ International. Strangely, the Le Mans that replaced the ‘New’ International retained the earlier chromed badge.