In 1969, the PoW DB6 Mark 2 Volante featured the prized combination of the open coachwork together with the most powerful Vantage spec engine. The 2014 Vanquish Volante closely follows the 1969 car as it features both convertible coachwork matched to the most powerful engine that Aston Martin then offered in their road cars, the AM11 565 bhp V12. Each Nieman Marcus Vanquish Volante was be finished in Seychelles Blue with Obsidian Black interior.
Detailed specification for the Nieman Marcus Vanquish Volante is :-
- 2014.5MY Vanquish Volante North American specification
- Seychelles Blue coachwork
- Multi‑layer fabric convertible roof in Atlantic Blue
- 20‑spoke diamond‑turned alloy wheels with Liquid Silver finish
- Bright finish front grille and rear tailpipes
- Magnum meshes
- Sterling Silver and Flux Enamel wing badges, as previously used on the Centenary editions
- Blue brake callipers
- Black deep soft semi‑aniline leather with Aurora Blue contrast stitching and welt
- Walnut veneer facia
- Hourglass quilted seats accent
- Quilted door insert with Aurora Blue welt
- Obsidian Black carpet with Aurora Blue binding
- Ivory Roekona and Ivory alcantara headlining
- Black hardware pack
- Satin Chrome instrument dials and controls
- Black gearshift paddles with Aurora Blue leather tips
- Unique Neiman Marcus Q sill plaques
- Matching four‑piece bespoke leather luggage set
The Neiman Marcus Vanquish Volante were created by ‘Q by Aston Martin’ and were limited to just 10 individually numbered examples priced at $344,500 each. All sales were actually conducted by Aston Martin dealers in the US rather that Neiman Marcus and was limited to just one vehicle per customer. Orders for this very exclusive edition began on the 23th October 2013 with delivery of each car is scheduled to be before February 2014. In addition, with every purchase of the Neiman Marcus 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Volante, Neiman Marcus donated $3,000 to The Heart of Neiman Marcus Foundation.
The last time Nieman Marcus featured an Aston Martin in their Christmas book was back in 1998 with the DB7 i6 Neiman Marcus Volante LE. Also of note is that it was 25 years ago when Aston Martin also offered for sale ‘replicas’ of another car supplied to HRH the Prince of Wales, the legendary V8 Vantage Volante PoW.