In Chinese culture, the number “8” is associated with good luck and prosperity; the number “88” with two “8”s combined it is an even more fortunate number. The 88 cars split across the three model variants were only made available to the Chinese market. The specs for the DBS Dragon 88 are as follows
- 2012MY DBS, LHD coupe, Touchtronic 2 transmission, 2+2 seating, sports front seats
- Amethyst Red, Volcano Red or Champagne Gold coachwork
- Bright grille with Magnum Silver bonnet mesh.
- 24-Carat Gold Plated Aston Martin Wings Badges
- 10-spoke Silver painted Diamond Turned alloy wheels
- Black Brake Callipers
- Spicy Red, Deep Purple or Chancellor Red leather all with Sahara Tan stitching
- Piano Black fascia with intricate gold Inlay
- Obsidian Black carpets edged in Spicy Red, Deep Purple or Chancellor Red leather
- Ivory headlining
- Dragon seat embroidery, inspired by one on the “Nine-Dragon Wall” in Behai Park, Beijing
- Limited edition laser-etched sill plaque
- Optional cost equipment as standard: Auto-dimming rear view mirror, alarm upgrade, second glass ECU, two leather pouches
- Leather wrapped presentation box containing the owners guide, 2 glass ECUs and a customised pair of Bang & Olufsen Earphones
The DBS Coupe Dragon 88 is an extremely rare and desirable special edition with only 8 examples ever made.