The DB11 showcases a fresh and distinctive design language, pioneering aerodynamics and is powered by a potent new in-house designed 5.2-litre twin-turbocharged V12 engine. Built upon a new lighter, stronger, and more space efficient bonded aluminium structure, DB11 is the most powerful, most efficient and most dynamically gifted DB model in Aston Martin’s history. As such, it is the most significant new Aston Martin since the introduction of the DB9 in 2003.
Heralding a new design era for Aston Martin, DB11 is the latest landmark in a remarkable aesthetic journey; one that gave us icons such as the DB2/4, DB5 and, most recently, the DB10 developed specifically for James Bond. DB11 re-imagines the relationship between form and function with a series of fresh design signatures. Foremost amongst these are the front-hinging clamshell bonnet, distinctive LED headlights and accentuated lines of the iconic Aston Martin grille.
The wraparound clamshell bonnet, largest seen on a production car, minimises unsightly shut-lines for a pure, sculptural quality not seen on other cars. Its size means it is also exceptionally effective at dissipating energy, negating the need for space-consuming pedestrian safety systems that would compromise DB11’s crisply tailored lines. As the bonnet hinges forward, it reveals a panoramic view of the magnificent V12 engine beneath, in a similar way to the DB2 of 1950
The profile is equally dramatic, thanks to the roof strakes that flow uninterrupted from A-pillar to C-pillar. The clean lines continue at the rear, with a sloping decklid that smoothly blends into boldly sculpted tail-lights to create a new and unmistakable graphic. The roof strakes can be initially specified as either bright anodised or gloss black. Body coloured roof strakes should become available in due course
Innovative aerodynamics play their part in this aesthetic revolution with clever management of airflow both over and through the bodywork aiding stability while preserving the DB11’s uncluttered surfaces. Front-end lift is reduced by the gill-like Curlicue which releases high-pressure air from inside the wheel arch via a concealed vent within the redesigned side-strake. Meanwhile, rear-end lift is reduced by the Aston Martin AerobladeTM; a virtual spoiler fed by discreet air intakes located at the base of each C-pillar. Air is ducted through the bodywork, before venting as a jet of air from the aperture in the rear decklid.
Like every Aston Martin, the heart of the DB11 is found beneath the bonnet, though unlike any Aston Martin before it, the DB11’s heart is a 5.2-litre twin-turbocharged V12. Designed in-house this new engine develops 608PS1 (600BHP1) and 700Nm1 of torque, making DB11 the most powerful production DB model ever. Naturally, it’s the most dynamic and most accelerative too, with a top speed of 200mph1 and a 0-62mph time of just 3.9sec1. Thanks to intelligent bank activation and stop-start technology that potency is matched by greatly improved efficiency.
To exploit the advantages of its new body structure and harness the immense performance of the new twin-turbo V12 engine, the DB11’s chassis, suspension, steering and electronics have been re-imagined and key new technologies embraced. Multiple driver-selectable dynamic modes – GT, Sport and Sport Plus – progressively intensify the response of the engine, 8-speed automatic ZF transmission together with the new electric power steering and Torque Vectoring by braking while increasing the firmness of the adaptive damping for a greater sense of agility. The result is a driving experience that combines exemplary ride comfort and true sports car agility, for an extraordinary breadth of dynamic capability.
As a true 21st century Aston Martin the DB11 combines the very latest technology developed in conjunction with technical partner, Daimler AG, with the finest quality and hand craftsmanship. Using a full-colour 12” TFT LCD display, the all-new instrument cluster presents primary vehicle information with absolute clarity, while a second, centrally-mounted 8” TFT screen is dedicated to infotainment. Controlled via an intuitive rotary control, with an optional touchpad offering character recognition, multi-touch and gesture support, the new satellite navigation and audio system have never been more effective, sounded better or been easier to operate. A newly implemented auto-park assist feature and 360-degree birds-eye view camera helps provide safe maneuvering at slow speeds and is also operated via the car’s infotainment system.
The wheelbase is 65 mm longer than the outgoing DB9 GT and together with wider door apertures, gives significantly increased occupant space – especially head and legroom in the rear, the DB11 is a genuine Grand Tourer. Thanks to an inspiring palette of colours and a vast array of detailing options, its interior can be perfectly in-tune with your unique personal style. From calming, carefully co-ordinated tones to sharp contrasts in hue and texture, your choices are virtually limitless. Nexus quilting and Celestial perforation add layers of beautiful complexity and intrigue, while ornate leatherwork, such as intricate brogue detailing, creates areas of visual and tactile delight.
The initial run of about 1000 cars will be built using one of six different ‘Designer Specifications’ in order to be able to streamline the early orders. Also each of the first 1000 cars will be individually signed off by Aston Martin CEO, Dr Andy Palmer.
- New Heritage – A contemporary twist on classic style, hi-tech materials like Cuprum Carbon Fibre are used alongside traditional leather trim in Copper Tan and Bitter Chocolate. Arden Green coachwork evokes past glories of Racing Green for a modern look steeped in history.
- Soft Tech – Scandinavian architectural design influences this cool, clean specification. Using complementary tones of Ice Mocha, Ivory, Dark Ash veneer, Satin Champagne metalware and Lightning Silver coachwork, this pared-back theme is a lesson in soothing minimalism and refreshing simplicity.
- Shanghai Fashionista – Capturing a spirit of youthful flamboyance this vibrant statement specification is inspired by high fashion. The contrast of Frosted Glass Blue coachwork with Ivory and a flash of Vivid Red creates a bold expression of confidence and memorable individuality.
- Mysterious Sport – A potent palette of brooding tones evokes an unmistakable aura of subtle masculinity. Use of Ultramarine Black for the coachwork and Dark Knight with Indigo Blue brogue and stitching bring surprising depth and detail to this darkly dynamic specification.
- Intrepid Sport – A powerful exploration of the relationship between technology and the elements. Sharply contrasting Cinnabar Orange bodywork and black metalware make a striking exterior statement while Black Metallic leather and Chopped Carbon veneer combine to create an equally bold interior.
- Iconic Craft – Marrying beautiful materials and exquisite craftsmanship, this specification showcases traditional techniques such as bookmatched wood veneers and ornate brogued leather. Together with an iconic exterior colour of Magnetic Silver, it exudes Aston Martin’s renowned quality and timeless style.